- Practical: you can check the contents of your OPUS card or reload it with fares whenever you want, by simply using a computer in the comfort of your home.
- Time-saving: this online service allows you to avoid line-ups at automatic fare vending machines, service points or points of sale, like convenience stores and pharmacies.
- Smart: you can reload the OPUS cards of everyone in the family!
No, you do not have to create a profile. Using OPUS en ligne is a secure, anonymous process.
We strive to make the OPUS en ligne site meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines for AA-level web content (WCAG 2.0). The site is currently accessible to all customers, except those using a screen reading program to navigate. Our teams are now working on determining which adjustments are needed and any developments in that regard will be communicated in a timely manner.
Card reader purchase
Online, from our partner, Fusium Solutions
It costs $14.49 plus applicable taxes. All shipping and handling fees are included.
OPUS en ligne is just another more flexible option for customers who want to avail themselves of it. All other fare distribution channels are still available. Keep in mind that transit organizations do not profit from any card reader sales.
VISA and MASTERCARD credit cards with a Quebec billing address .
Yes, the card reader is covered by a one-year warranty by our partner.
Expect delivery within 5 to 7 business days.
Using another card reader is not recommended as customer service would be of no help in the event of a problem.
A writing must be recorded on the chip in your OPUS card to load a fare. This allows you to use your card right after your transaction.
Although many public transit authorities around the world are interested in them, NFC solutions for mobile ticketing technology are still in the early stages of development. A mobile NFC solution can eventually be layered onto OPUS en ligne.
Yes, but each OPUS card requires its own transaction and payment. For example, if you want to load fares onto three cards, you must carry out three distinct transactions.
Yes, you may purchase fares from several organizations, but to do so, a separate payment is needed for each transaction.
- All STM, AMT, RTL and STL fares are available. Keep in mind that you cannot sign up for an annual subscription through this website.
- Review the list of fares offered by the various CIT, CRT, OMIT and other transit providers.
Yes. You can check your card’s expiry date, the expiry date of any weekly or monthly fares, as well as the number of remaining trips.
Yes, they cost the same.
Only Visa and MasterCard credit cards with a Quebec billing address are accepted. Transactions are secured with VERIFIED by VISA and MasterCard SecureCode services. For more information, click on links below. Keep in mind that standard debit cards, VISA debit cards and pre-paid credit cards are not accepted.
Yes, a receipt will be sent to you by email and you will also be able to save your receipt after the transaction.
Your receipt can be used for tax purposes, according to applicable criteria. Please note that the receipt cannot be issued a second time. There is however no need to have the receipt with you when using public transportation.
As soon as the reloading process is completed, the card is ready for use.
- Call your transit authority’s customer service line.
- STM customers only: You must go to the STM customer service centre with your OPUS card and your fare purchase receipt.
- Please note that such requests can be handled or processed differently, according to the refund rules of each transit authority.
- Make sure you selected the correct transit authority because most of OPUS fares are available.
- Some fares are only available from a specific date. For example, the monthly pass can only be purchased as of the 20th of the month.
- One of the fares already on your OPUS might prevent you from loading another type of fare, as some are incompatible. Only compatible fares are available for purchase.
- Call your transit authority’s customer service line.
- That can possibly be caused by one of the following situations:
- Your card is already holding the maximum four fares. Only tickets or single trips could be added until you reach the allowed limit, which varies according to fares and transit authority.
- The fares already loaded on your card prevent you from adding the fares of the transit authority you selected.
- For more information, call your transit authority's customer service line.
PLUGGING IN AND USING THE OPUS CARD READER
- Unplug the card reader and start over again.
- If your computer has a second USB port, try plugging the card reader into that second port.
- If still nothing happens, call your transit authority's customer service line
- Check whether the reader is listed under Devices:
Windows 7 ou 8
- Click Start .
- Click Control Panel and click Devices and Printers .
- Click the apple icon
- Click About This Mac and More Info.... Click Hardware and then USB to access the USB Device Tree.
A. Look for the Watchdata reader (W1981) text « W1981CardReader Driver » or icon (Windows)
B. If the text « W1981CardReader Driver » or icon (Windows) is not listed, connect the reader to another USB port and check your devices again.
- You may also install the driver manually by clicking the following links:
Driver for Windows 7, Windows 8
Driver for Mac OS 10.8
- If the problem persists, contact your transit authority’s customer service department
No, you must absolutely install Java and the SmartCardPlugin to use this website. They allow the website to communicate with the card reader through your computer’s USB port.
If you want your computer to remember that these components were installed, tick or untick the appropriate box when prompted by most browsers. The message requesting permission will no longer appear the next time.
Exemple for Firefox: tick the Remember my choice for smartcard links box
Ignore this message. You may close the window and continue reloading your card.
No, you must use a computer.
Yes, a card reader can be used by several people on different computers.
MY OPUS CARD
When you are in fare purchase or card review mode, your OPUS card’s expiry date is displayed next to the card’s number.
Look up the points of sale for your transit authority.
No, you are not required to do so. However, we strongly recommend that you register your card to protect yourself should it be lost or stolen. Also, if your OPUS card is registered, you can then recover any remaining fares.
Transactions are anonymous on the OPUS en ligne website. Your personal information is not used. The system needs a minimum of information for payment, but it is all deleted after each transaction. Your personal information is not needed for this type of transaction.
You can look up the FAQ for OPUS cards by going to
No, only OPUS cards can be reloaded or have their contents checked.